Balsamic Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Pat chicken dry. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; rub under skin of chicken. Place onions in a shallow roasting pan; top with chicken. Combine wine and balsamic vinegar; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Remove and discard skin before serving. Pour onion sauce into a small bowl; skim fat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups onion sauce).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Balsamic Roast Chicken
Sort By :
Delicious. I used brandy (because that was all I had) with the balsamic vinegar and it was wonderful. I think a hearty Burgundy would be even better. Have added to my "Company's Coming" cookbook.
AMAZING! Turned out beautifully . Very tasty .
This roast chicken is the best we had ever eaten. The chicken is very tasty and the onion gravy is so delish. my families can't stop raving about it. Thank you Tracy for sharing it.
This is the best and is so easy! A new family favorite. Made exactly as written and everyone loved it!
perfect Sunday dinner, the sauce is perfectly balanced,I also added halved potatoes, and carrots..a new comfort food for our family!