- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 2 tablespoons vinaigrette for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrots in 2 tablespoons vinaigrette for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add water chestnuts and stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add hoisin sauce and remaining vinaigrette. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Add pork and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Balsamic Pork Stir-Fry
Sort By :
Good quick basic stir fry recipe. Balsamic vinaigrette gives a tangy flavor. I added a tablespoon of cornstarch to the remaining vinaigrette which enhanced the appearance of this dish. Yummy & pretty!
The taste on this was ok, just not outstanding. We enjoyed it but I think there are much better stir frys out there. Also, this wasn't the prettiest of recipes as the balsamic vinegar and hoisin sauce made everything black in appearance. If you looking for a visually appealing dish, maybe trying white balsamic vinegar with this recipe.