Balsamic Orange Salmon Recipe
Preparing fish is not very difficult to fix and should not be only reserved for guests. This salmon recipe is so simple and has such a wonderful outcome that you will be wanting to serve it all the time. —Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 salmon fillets (6 to 8 ounces each), skin removed
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Pinch salt
- Sliced green onions and orange slices, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the peel, vinegar, honey and salt. Spread over salmon. Tuck any thin parts of salmon under fillets for even cooking. Place in a Ziploc® Zip 'n Steam™ Bag, with thicker portions toward outer edges of bag. Seal bag.
- 2. Microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. If needed, microwave at 30-second intervals until salmon tests done. Let stand for 1 minute before handling.
- 3. Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, combine the orange juice, balsamic vinegar,honey and salt. Carefully open bag. Use spatula to remove salmon from bag. Garnish with green onions and orange slices if desired. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC