- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 salmon fillets (6 to 8 ounces each), skin removed
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Pinch salt
- Sliced green onions and orange slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the peel, vinegar, honey and salt. Spread over salmon. Tuck any thin parts of salmon under fillets for even cooking. Place in a Ziploc® Zip 'n Steam™ Bag, with thicker portions toward outer edges of bag. Seal bag.
- Microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. If needed, microwave at 30-second intervals until salmon tests done. Let stand for 1 minute before handling.
- Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, combine the orange juice, balsamic vinegar,honey and salt. Carefully open bag. Use spatula to remove salmon from bag. Garnish with green onions and orange slices if desired. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Balsamic Orange Salmon
"Cooked in the oven instead of microwave to keep it moist. Absolutely wonderful flavor!"
"I did make this in the microwave and although not the best, the glaze was wonderful. Definitely will not microwave again but will make on the grill or in the oven."
"No way would I microwave any fish I followed the recipe for the glaze and the dipping sauce and grilled the salmon and used the the glaze like a BBQ sauce it was wonderful!!!!"
"I agree with all of you that cooking this in the microwave is a terrible idea! However, it's wonderful if baked in the oven! I looked up a different salmon recipe and baked this at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes. My family LOVED it!"
"I have to agree with the plastic in the microwave reviewer-that's why European countries won't allow microwaves! But I did try the marinade and baked the salmon in the oven--not so good :( Won't make again."
"OMG Microwave? Are you kidding me?"
"I can't think of a better way to ruin fish than to put it in a plastic bag and a microwave! It doesn't take much more time in the oven, broiler or stovetop so why do you need a microwave on an expensive piece of fish? I've made salmon like this without the microwave and it's plenty moist, like any other fish just don't overcook!"
"If you want to live your life in fear, grilling has also been reported to cause cancer and you should really do some research on genetically modified foods, because you have NO grasp of the concept if you believe microwaving might cause the FOOD YOU ARE ABOUT TO EAT to become genetically modified!"
"This sounds good but first of all a microwave genically modifies your food (GM) and a plastic bag of any kind causes "Cancer Causing dioxins"! Most certainly would bake or grill it. Grilling sounds good!"
"I am looking forward to making this recipe. It looks delicious. I would plan on leaving the skin on -- this is where the good omega oils and other nutrients live. Plus, leaving the skin on helps keep the fish moist and juicy."