- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Sort By :
"Really good dressing! I'll be using this dressing on lots of other salads too, I think!"
"This is a good, refreshing salad. I made 1/2 recipe with fresh green beans."
"I didn't have fresh stringbeans so used thawed frozen ones. Very tasty. Goat cheese would also taste good instead of the feta. Thanks for sharing."
"love all the ingredients, so this was so delicious it was a meal for us.thanks!! a reiter"
"We really enjoyed this salad. It's a great way to get the family to eat more greens. I did put less onion in it though. I thought a whole onion would make it overwhelming."