- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Balsamic Green Bean Salad
"Excellent, delicious recipe! Will make frequently. Please, can we actually review the recipe, not comment on how it looks, and then recommend one from somewhere else? If you did not make it, then don't comment. (Unless you are asking a valid question in regards to the preparation of submitted recipe.)"
"We tried it and liked it alot! Did not change a thing..."
"This recipe looks good but I love the recipe from the Morton salt website. It doesn't add all the extras and it is delicious .... it is called Greek Green Bean and Tomato salad. But I halve grape tomatoes instead of the plum tomatoes!!!"
"Really good dressing! I'll be using this dressing on lots of other salads too, I think!"
"This is a good, refreshing salad. I made 1/2 recipe with fresh green beans."