- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Sort By :
"We really enjoyed this salad. It's a great way to get the family to eat more greens. I did put less onion in it though. I thought a whole onion would make it overwhelming."
"I've made this several times and love it. I take it to work as a lunch."
"It was OK but nothing to rave about."
"Good tastey. Good to eat for kids"
"Loved this although I think I will quarter a small onion so that it can be easily removed when storing leftovers. The onion was much too strong the next day. I will definitely make again."