- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add the onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Sort By :
"Loved this although I think I will quarter a small onion so that it can be easily removed when storing leftovers. The onion was much too strong the next day. I will definitely make again."
"The men in my family (one husband and two grown sons) loved this combination. They don't necessarily rave over salads for dinner per se, but they prefer hearty flavors and this salad certainly has those! It's not that same old boring lettuce and tomato offering."
"Delicious and easy to prepare salad. I used shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Ken's Italian Dressing. We enjoyed it for lunch with crackers and cheese. Thanks, Megan."
"I've made this salad twice and love it. I had wax beans instead of green beans and it wasgreat."
"My Family loves this. This will be the new summer dish. It is great to put into a salad if there are any leftovers"