Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Serve up those green beans in a whole new way! The tangy flavors and crunch of this eye-appealing side complement any special meal or holiday potluck. —Megan Spencer, Farmington Hills, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and
- immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic
- powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add the onion; toss
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before
- serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 77 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium,