Balsamic-Glazed Tuna Steaks
Simple to prepare but full of flavor, these tuna steaks have a slight sweetness, thanks to the delicious balsamic glaze. Ready in minutes, they're perfect for hectic days.
Lake Villa, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sprinkle tuna with pepper and salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten
- a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink
- in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients
- until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until
- thickened. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tuna steak with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 210 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.