Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return chops to the pan; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops to a serving plate and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Stir remaining butter into skillet until melted. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops(9)
Sort By :
These were delicious! I added a little more brown sugar because I like my sauces sweet and I am not a fan of vinegar. Everyone wanted seconds, which is a definite win in my house!
This was absolutely delicious!! Both hubby and I loved it! I did leave the rosemary out since I don't care for it, but it was perfect!
These were probably the best pork chops I have ever made and simple too.
Too sweet for me but Mr. liked it.
Made this last night and it turned out better than I thought it would. I used white onion because that's what I had, but it was still superb!!! The sweet flavor the sauce takes on is so good. I know that balsamic vinegar gets sweeter and thicker when you cook it anyway, but the brown sugar and butter just adds that extra something special!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >