Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops
The tangy sauce and restaurant-quality flavor and appearance prompted one taste tester to say, "I wish my mom made chops like this when I was growing up!" —Sandy Sherman, Chester, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large
- skillet, brown chops in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary and remaining salt. Bring
- to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return chops to the pan; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove
- chops to a serving plate and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir remaining butter into skillet until melted. Serve with pork
- chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 353 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.