- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return chops to the pan; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops to a serving plate and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Stir remaining butter into skillet until melted. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops
"Sooo flavorful. I used fresh rosemary instead of dried so adjusted the amount using a heaping teaspoon of freshly minced rosemary. My husband thinks I could have used more. The second time I used lamb chops in lieu of pork chops. Sooooo good. My husband's favorite lamb chop recipe now."
"WOW...best Pork Chops ever!! I did make a few changes....I used Olive Oil instead of butter, I was out of balsamic vinegar, but I had a balsamic based salad dressing I used, I added an extra teaspoon of brown sugar and skipped the Rosemary. My picky "meat and Potato" husband left me a note the next day, telling me how good they were! Making these again!"
"* I tried this recipe on the advice of a friend. It was terrible. Too much balsamic vinegar. Way too strong for my family. My husband couldn't finish it. I washed off the remaining pork chops and used the meat in a salad as I don't like to waste food."
"These were delicious! I added a little more brown sugar because I like my sauces sweet and I am not a fan of vinegar. Everyone wanted seconds, which is a definite win in my house!"
"This was absolutely delicious!! Both hubby and I loved it! I did leave the rosemary out since I don't care for it, but it was perfect!"