Balsamic-Glazed Parsnips & Onions Recipe
Brown sugar and vinegar give veggies a sweet-tart glaze in this rustic side dish. Plus, it takes only 15 minutes to get in the oven. —Marion Brown, Elgin, Illinois
- 2 pounds parsnips, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 373 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC