Brown sugar and vinegar give veggies a sweet-tart glaze in this rustic side dish. Plus, it takes only 15 minutes to get in the oven. —Marion Brown, Elgin, Illinois
- 2 pounds parsnips, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic-Glazed Parsnips & Onions in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p45
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Parsnips & Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review