Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
My relatives claim to hate Brussels sprouts, which I took as a challenge to come up with a recipe they'd love. When I served this at my Christmas buffet, there wasn't a sprout left in the bowl! —Carol Bess White, Portland, Oregon
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Cut an “X” in the core of each Brussels sprout. Place in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 3. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, salt, Brussels sprouts and bacon; cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- 4. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 256 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC