Balsamic-Glazed Beef Skewers
With only five easy-to-double ingredients, these mouthwatering kabobs are one of our favorite recipes. To prevent wooden skewers from burning, soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading on the meat. We like them with hot cooked rice and a tossed salad. —Carole Fraser, Toronto, ON
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, barbecue sauce and mustard until
- blended. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Add beef to remaining
- marinade; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread beef and tomatoes on four metal or soaked wooden
- skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled
- tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9
- minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally
- and basting frequently with reserved marinade during the last 3
- minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 194 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.