Balsamic-Glazed Beef Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, barbecue sauce and mustard until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Add beef to remaining marinade; toss to coat.
- 2. Alternately thread beef and tomatoes on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- 3. Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved marinade during the last 3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 skewer equals 194 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.