- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, barbecue sauce and mustard until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for basting. Add beef to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread beef and tomatoes on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Lightly grease grill rack.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved vinaigrette mixture during the last 3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Beef Skewers
"These were very tasty. Beef was very tender but I do agree that the Bbq flavor is the dominant one. I marinated the meat in the sauce for 2 hours before grilling. Will definitely make again."
"These were good; we served them over rice and added chopped green onion."
"These are really delicious with beef. But I've also made them with chicken and just as yummy. I also skewer onions, orange and yellow peppers, as well as mushrooms. I have made this several times this summer and they always go over well. Super yummy!"
"We liked it, it was a nice change and great use of my garden cherry tomatoes. It also fit ourr low carb high protein diet."
"not sure why this was called "balasamic glazed". It is so overpowering with barbecue sauce. Horrible! Waste to a piece of meat."
"Pretty good. I used stew beef and marinated the cubes in the mixture overnight. Tasty. Will make again."
"These were okay at best. Would I make them again? No way! I agree with the husband who said that they could have more flavor. They were lacking something and I am not sure what."
"OMG - I give this marinade a raving review! My husband said it was the best steak he's ever had! I followed the recipe and marinated overnight. I basted them at the end with the reserved marinade. I am going to make these again when our summer company arrives. Fabulous!"
"My husband and kids loved this. It was so simple. I broiled it rather than grill. We thought is was very flavorful. We will make again soon."
"These were pretty good. My husband said they were just "ok" - and thought they could have more flavor. I would make again."