With only five easy-to-double ingredients, these mouthwatering kabobs are one of our favorite recipes. To prevent wooden skewers from burning, soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading on the meat. We like them with hot cooked rice and a tossed salad. —Carole Fraser, Toronto, ON
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, barbecue sauce and mustard until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for basting. Add beef to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread beef and tomatoes on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved vinaigrette mixture during the last 3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic-Glazed Beef Skewers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p20
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Beef Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review