Balsamic-Cranberry Potato Bites Recipe
Here's a deliciously new twist on rumaki. It's easy to make and your guests will be delighted with the flavor. —Kelly Boe, Whiteland, Indiana
- 12 small red potatoes, quartered
- 12 bacon strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until almost tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut bacon strips widthwise into fourths. Drain potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap a piece of bacon around each potato quarter; secure with toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Coat appetizers with sauce mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 appetizer equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC