- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mix honey and 1 tablespoon oil. Add tomatoes and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with roasted tomatoes; drizzle with glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes
Sort By :
"This recipe read very well and I was disappointed with my own results when making it. I found the chicken cooked this way to be dry although our dogs loved it! On the other hand the idea to toss and bake small tomatoes in honey (not sure why the olive oil, I'm going to omit it next time and try some shredded mint) was great. The balsamic vinegar smelled overwhelmingly vinegary while being reduced but was surprisingly sweet. I'm going to experiment with this, perhaps with baked veggies or meat cooked in another way."
"Made this dish exactly as written. Even my mom, who at 88 doesn't eat anything, ate every bit. It was quick & easy & a great light summer dish. Will make again."
"Definitely a make again. Would probably serve it on romaine lettuce as a main dish salad."