- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 3-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, bring vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cook and stir until heated through. Divide salad greens among six plates; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Salad
Sort By :
"Delicious! I loved this main dish salad and served it with crusty bread on the side."
" 5 w.w. points
"we LOVE this salad. we make it all the time and just can't get enough of it. this is a winning recipe among my family of picky eaters!"