- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 3-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, bring vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cook and stir until heated through. Divide salad greens among six plates; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Salad
"I really enjoyed this! I did change the recipe, but the basic recipe was wonderful! I added 1 tsp oregano, a small can of black olives, added a half cup more of the tomatoes, probably could have added a full cup, used 2 tsp garlic, and then used rotini pasta instead of lettuce, and topped with feta cheese. I also added some sea salt during the cooking. Delicious! I thought about adding finely sliced red onion in the future. My husband loved it!"
"Nice light salad. Nothing spectacular about it, but definitely an easy recipe for hot summer days."
"Delicious! I loved this main dish salad and served it with crusty bread on the side."
" 5 w.w. points