- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, onion, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"This recipe was light and great for a warm summer night as the main meal."
"We loved this pasta salad! My husband raved about it even though he isn't a huge fan of gorgonzola. He requested I make extra next time so he can bring it to work for lunch!"
"This was delightful! I swapped and doubled feta for Gorgonzola, and threw in some sugar snap peas from the garden which was a great addition. This recipe's a keeper."
"This is delicious! It is quick and easy, and my family loves it! I love to make it ahead and bring it to the lake for that first dinner after we arrive and get settled. Simple and Delicious!"
"5 Star Rating and then some... everyone at my party loved it. I would highly recommend this dish. You won't be disappointed."