- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, onion, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"This was fabulous! Will definitely be making this again and again. I will say, it was better warm than cold."
"very good light refreshing summer salad.. we enjoyed it!"
"Do you use the mini bow tie or the regular size? I tried the regular and they seemed a little too large. The salad was delicious and very definite one for a summer dish. Everyone liked it."
"This recipe was light and great for a warm summer night as the main meal."
"We loved this pasta salad! My husband raved about it even though he isn't a huge fan of gorgonzola. He requested I make extra next time so he can bring it to work for lunch!"