Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until tender. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, Italian seasoning and remaining vinaigrette; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Drain fettuccine. Add fettuccine and chicken to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 423 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.