Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine
Skip the marinara and serve noodles in an elegant new way! Not only is our easy balsamic-infused entree a meal in itself, it makes a different twist on an Italian classic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until no
- longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon
- vinaigrette until tender. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, Italian
- seasoning and remaining vinaigrette; cook 5-6 minutes longer or
- until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine. Add fettuccine and chicken to skillet and toss to
- coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 423 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 37 g protein.