- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until tender. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, Italian seasoning and remaining vinaigrette; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine. Add fettuccine and chicken to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine
"This was really good. I did use jarred mushrooms. I also used the whole box of fettuccine. It was very fresh tasting."
"We were very disappointed with this recipe. I was looking forward to trying another new recipe but the outcome lacked any substantial flavor. I will NOT be making this again I'm sorry to say."
"We thought this was delish just as it is. Easy too. Badkitty, you did not make this dish, you made something entirely different."
"Delicious! This is an easy yet unique recipe and it is awesome! I had to add some salt to taste though, it was a little sweet almost. And I used fresh tomatoes...much tastier!"
"Since asparagus is now in season, I used it instead of broccoli and added garlic when cooking the meat and in the saute of vegetables. Our family thought it was very good."
"really didn't have enough flavor. Sounded great on paper, but my family and I thought it was just so-so."
"My family loved this recipe! It was easy to put together. I like that it's a healthy alternative to marinara sauce."