Skip the marinara and serve noodles in an elegant new way! Not only is our easy balsamic-infused entree a meal in itself, it makes a different twist on an Italian classic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until tender. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, Italian seasoning and remaining vinaigrette; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine. Add fettuccine and chicken to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p19
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review