Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until tender. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, Italian seasoning and remaining vinaigrette; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine. Add fettuccine and chicken to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine(7)
Sort By :
We were very disappointed with this recipe. I was looking forward to trying another new recipe but the outcome lacked any substantial flavor. I will NOT be making this again I'm sorry to say.
We thought this was delish just as it is. Easy too. Badkitty, you did not make this dish, you made something entirely different.
Delicious! This is an easy yet unique recipe and it is awesome! I had to add some salt to taste though, it was a little sweet almost. And I used fresh tomatoes...much tastier!
Since asparagus is now in season, I used it instead of broccoli and added garlic when cooking the meat and in the saute of vegetables. Our family thought it was very good.
This was a delicious recipe. I was concerned about it not having enough flavor, so I added a few things/made some changes. I sauteed my chicken in olive oil instead of dressing and added seasoning to it-Emeril's Essence and pepper. I used 16 ounces (1 pound) of fettuccine and used 1 cup of the balsamic vinaigrette (Kraft Balsamic with Tomato and Basil) . I added fresh minced garlic while sauteing the veggies, and cooking fresh broccoli along with the mushrooms and red onions, omitting frozen broccoli. I also used olive oil to saute the vegetables. I added some crushed red pepper flakes and fresh minced parsley in with the tomatoes, dressing and Italian seasoning. While tossing the pasta with the tomato mixture I also tossed in some fresh shredded Parmesan cheese. I let the pasta stand off the heat a few minutes to absorb the sauce. Serve with more Parmesan cheese and garlic bread on the side. I am so glad when I find pasta recipes without cream or milk based sauces. This was so tasty and a nice change. My husband said he could eat it all the time. Thank you!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >