“This quick savory chicken is a family favorite. It's easy, healthy and satisfying. Served with a salad or whole wheat roll, it's a perfect meal that's good enough for company!” Denise Johanowicz - Madison, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook onion until tender. Add water, stirring to loosen browned bits. Add the vinegar, thyme and rosemary; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic Chicken Breasts in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review