- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook onion until tender. Add water, stirring to loosen browned bits. Add the vinegar, thyme and rosemary; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
"This was a great recipe, easy and simple with flavor"
"Easy and delicious. We loved it. I will definitely prepare this again."
"Nice and juicy, easy to make even my very adult picky family enjoyed it!!"
"So easy and tasty. It?s definitely one I would make again."
"Love this recipe! Easy, simple, and delicious."