Balsamic Broiled Asparagus
This tasty side goes well with pasta or with grilled steak, pork, or chicken.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Brush
- half of the mixture over asparagus.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Brush with remaining mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 81 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.