These pretty green spears of crisp-tender asparagus are drizzled with a balsamic vinegar mixture for a sensational side dish that's ready in no time.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and
- cook for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine
- the vinegar, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain asparagus;
- drizzle with balsamic mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.