Balsamic Almond Chicken
Brown sugar and balsamic vinegar lend a sweet and subtly tangy flavor to this tender almond-crusted chicken dish. Lisa Ruehlow - Blaine, MN
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow
- bowl, whisk eggs. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken
- in eggs; then coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook
- chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or
- until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth,
- vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast with 2-1/2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without rice) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.