Balsamic Almond Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in eggs; then coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 2-1/2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without rice) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Balsamic Almond Chicken
"Not bad. Definitely didn't love it as others. I thought the sauce was really good and might be good as a marinade for grilled chicken."
"Very delicious. I may add a little salt to the flour mixture next time. The chicken was tender and juicy combined with the crunch of the almond breading. The sauce compliments this with tangy and sweet flavor. Will definitely make again."
"My husband said it's a keeper. Very good flavor! I used raspberry balsamic because that is what I had on hand."
"Husband loves it! so good for me!"
"When I made this recipe for dinner tonight, I added a little salt to the flour/almond mixture and I wasn't sure about the sauce because it smelled very strong. Boy, was I in for a surprise! My very picky husband, 9-yr-old son and I just LOVED it!!!! The sauce has a slightly teriyaki flavor, but not as strong and the almonds on the chicken are perfect! We made it with wild rice and corn. We will definitely be making it again real soon!"
"The sauce was great and made it really pretty too. We liked it a lot."
"Re: Balsamic Almond ChickenExcellent recipe. Even my husband liked it which he wasn't quite sure about the sauce. Certainly a keeper"
"The almonds add a great crusty breading to this chicken like I've never had before. Yummy sauce. Great recipe all around. I'll make it again for sure."