Balsamic Almond Chicken for 2 Recipe
Brown sugar and balsamic vinegar lend a sweet and subtly tangy flavor to this tender almond-crusted chicken dish. Lisa Ruehlow - Blaine, Minnesota
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in egg; then coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 339 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Balsamic Almond Chicken for 2
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2010
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC