Balsamic Almond Chicken for 2
Brown sugar and balsamic vinegar lend a sweet and subtly tangy flavor to this tender almond-crusted chicken dish. Lisa Ruehlow - Blaine, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/8 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow
- bowl, whisk egg. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken
- in egg; then coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook
- chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or
- until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth,
- vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium,