- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in eggs; then coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Balsamic Almond Chicken(5)
Sort By :
Husband loves it! so good for me!
When I made this recipe for dinner tonight, I added a little salt to the flour/almond mixture and I wasn't sure about the sauce because it smelled very strong. Boy, was I in for a surprise! My very picky husband, 9-yr-old son and I just LOVED it!!!! The sauce has a slightly teriyaki flavor, but not as strong and the almonds on the chicken are perfect! We made it with wild rice and corn. We will definitely be making it again real soon!
The sauce was great and made it really pretty too. We liked it a lot.
Re: Balsamic Almond Chicken
Excellent recipe. Even my husband liked it which he wasn't quite sure about the sauce. Certainly a keeper
The almonds add a great crusty breading to this chicken like I've never had before. Yummy sauce. Great recipe all around. I'll make it again for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >