- Spread with 2 cups walnut mixture. Top with five layers of phyllo
- dough, brushing with butter between each sheet. Spread with
- remaining walnut mixture. Top with one layer of phyllo dough; brush
- with butter. Repeat 14 times. Cut into 2-1/2-in. squares; cut each
- square in half diagonally. Brush remaining butter over top. Bake at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, bring the syrup ingredients to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and discard peel; cool to
- lukewarm. Pour syrup over warm baklava. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 271 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.