- prevent it from drying out.) Sprinkle with 1/3 cup nut mixture.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Brush roll with
- butter. Trim edges. Cut into 16 slices, about 3/4 in. each. Place
- cut side down on a greased 15-in. x 10-in x 1-in. baking pan. Repeat
- with remaining phyllo, butter and filling.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Gently turn cookies over; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks over waxed paper.
- Spoon half of the syrup over cookies. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining syrup. Cool completely. Yield: 32 cookies.
To Make Ahead: Prepare as directed. Freeze in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Once frozen, package in freezer bags, separating layers with waxed paper. Thaw in a single layer before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 132 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.