Baklava Cheesecake Tarts
I love the sticky honey syrup, spices, nuts and crispy phyllo of homemade baklava but don’t want the fuss of preparing it in the traditional way. These easy-to-make cups offer all of the classic flavors and textures in the form of little cheesecakes.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons rosewater, optional
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 18 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pistachios, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs,
- flour and rosewater if desired; beat on low speed just until
- combined. Set aside.
- Using two 12-cup muffin tins, brush 12 alternating cups with butter.
- Layer six sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface, brushing each