Baking Mix Recipe
This versatile mix is a great helper in the kitchen. You'll be amazed at the number of things you can make with it. —Alice Wrisley, Mohawk, New York
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- 2. Quick Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also found in Recipe Finder): Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits and Lime Cheesecake. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 186 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Baking Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC