- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add nuts. In another bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon and cloves; add with vanilla to creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Fill 24 to 36 generously greased cups of a muffin tin or individual 3-in. tins a third to half full. Press dough around sides, leaving a depression in center. (If dough is too soft, add flour.)
- Bake until light brown, about 18 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; tap tins to remove cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
Originally published as Baki's Old-World Cookies in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p58
Reviews for Baki's Old-World Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review