Baki's Old-World Cookies Recipe
My uncles have always called these "cupcake cookies" because of the unique and pretty way they're baked. My maternal grandmother mixed up many a batch.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and nuts. Sift together flour and spices; add with vanilla to creamed mixture. Chill 1 hours.
- Using shortening, liberally grease muffin tins or individual 3-in. tins or tart shells. Fill tins 1/3 to 1/2 full and press dough around sides, leaving depression in center. (If dough is too soft as you press into tins, add more flour.)
- Bake at 350° for about 18 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes; tap times to remove cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
Originally published as Baki's Old-World Cookies in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p58
Reviews for Baki's Old-World Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review