"Mom used this sweet frosting for all of our family's birthday cakes," recalls Barbara Jones of Tower Hill, Illinois. "Now I use it on cakes for our three preschoolers." A big batch keeps for quite a while in the refrigerator and is cheaper than canned frosting. More Homemade Frosting Recipes»
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups shortening
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 package (32 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, creamer and extract until
- smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough water to
- reach desired consistency. If desired, add food coloring.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Bring to room
- temperature before spreading. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 305 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.