- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack. Yield: 13 rolls.
Reviews for Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls
Sort By :
"If I could give more stars I would. This is the first time I have made yeast rolls that were edible. These were delicious!! My husband asked me to make sure I did not lose this recipe. This is easy, quick and so good. Normally my kitchen is where yeast and flour come to die. Well no more, thanks to this recipe. Much appreciation for posting this wonderful recipe."
"Delish! Served with no fuss potato soup :)"
"I loved this recipe! Fantastic! I just need to know, I need to double the recipe for Thanksgiving. Do I just double the measurements for every ingredient? This recipe was easy and they tasted so good!"
"Delicious and easy!"
"WOW! These are the best homemade rolls and so easy. I've made them every week for the last month. I have to freeze them to keep from eating the whole pan. Very soft and flavorful. I spray butter on the top & sprinkle with garlic powder. YUM"