- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack. Yield: 13 rolls.
Reviews for Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls
Sort By :
"Delicious and easy!"
"WOW! These are the best homemade rolls and so easy. I've made them every week for the last month. I have to freeze them to keep from eating the whole pan. Very soft and flavorful. I spray butter on the top & sprinkle with garlic powder. YUM"
"These were delicious ... and so easy to make. We couldn't really taste the cheese so I will probably leave it out next time. Otherwise, this is a quick, wonderful recipe. Nothing beats homemade rolls. My family loved them."
"I love this recipe. So easy to make. With or without cheese. I serve with honey butter. My family tells me they are better than grandma's."
"Excellent - I made them without the cheese and served with whipped honey butter."