- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack. Yield: 13 rolls.
Reviews for Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls
Sort By :
"Excellent taste and super easy! I added the garlic salt in the dough and just brushed the tops with butter. They looked and tasted wonderful. The kids asked for more!"
"I left out the cheese and just made regular plain crescent rolls. Did not brush any garlic or honey on top and instead just covered the hot rolls after baking with a clean dishtowel until serving time. Absolutely delicious, perfect, fluffy rolls. Not too sweet. Will be making these again."
"These were really awesome! Amazing! I really loved the cheese in this recipe and so easy to make."
"Excellent and easy to make. I didn't get the chance to put the honey/garlic on before everyone started grabbing them out of the pan."
"Question can I use bread flour instead of all purpose flour?"