- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack. Yield: 13 rolls.
Reviews for Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls
Sort By :
"Nice texture roll and with only a single rise time, quick to get on the table. I omitted the cheese, but otherwise made by the recipe."
"Made these today. Forgot all about the honey but they taste great without. Also go great with the TOH beef stew recipe. It was a great day for TOH recipes. I will be making these again. Like the idea of doing as crescent rolls."
"Thank you turned out great,, I used my new steam oven for the first time from rise to finish,turned out perfect"
"I made these rolls with grated Parmesan Cheese, I used minced jarred garlic on the top of the rolls. These were absolutely delicious!"
"Made these for Thanksgiving dinner. Soft and delicious!"