- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl,
- combine the ricotta, mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg
- substitute, salt and pepper.
- In two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking
- spray, spread 1 cup of meat sauce. In each dish, layer a fourth of
- the pasta, 1 cup meat sauce and a fourth of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers of pasta, sauce and cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and
- oregano. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: One serving (about 1-1/3 cups) equals 324 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 796 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.