- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 cartons (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Stir in Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Spoon half into a lightly greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese and parsley; spread over pasta. Top with remaining pasta mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Ziti with Cheese
"Good thing I halved the recipe!! I thought it tasted great; DH didn't. I substituted a white sauce for the alfredo since he doesn't like it, and used dried parsley."
"This was a pretty good recipe that I will use as a jumping off point. The dish was good, but it definitely lacked in some areas. We think that it could have benefited from some vegetables (maybe some broccoli and chopped sweet red peppers) to offset the taste and bring an extra texture to the dish. I also feel like it could have used some garlic. Next time we may also throw in some meatballs or chicken. I didn't have any problems making it, it was very easy. Instead of the Alfredo sauce though, I used a creamy basil pesto sauce. I think that actually added something extra to the dish. Next time I'll try just the Alfredo sauce so I can see how it would originally taste. We will try this again, with some added tweaks."
"Made this twice now. 2nd time I added chicken and broccoli, and it was much better! Easy recipe to make!"
"We all thought this was a very good recipe. I also added chicken, broccoli & extra alfredo."
"I added diced ham and used gluten free noodles to make the dish gluten free. I recommend using gluten free noodles that are a blend of 2-3 flours."
"Delicious recipe! I used fat free ricotta, low-fat sour cream, and part skim mozzarella and it was rich and cheesy. Next time I'm going to add chicken and roasted red peppers :)"
"I have made this dish several times in the last few months and it's just as popular every time. I use a homemade alfredo sauce, and always half the recipe with great results."
"Made this for the family this weekend and everyone really enjoyed it. I choose to use egg beaters, fat free sour cream and part skim ricotta. In fact, I may cut back on the ricotta next time I make it. I also cut up cooked chicken and added to the pasta. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This is so good. I love the grown up version of mac and cheese. I also added grilled chicken, green onions, and bacon pieces just to give my hubby some protein in it. It was so good, my kids couldn't stop eating it."
"This turned out even better than i expected it to! I had planned on making this for an extended family dinner with a vegetarian in mind and when I found out that afternoon she wouldn't be able to make it, i decided to add chicken! It was delicious. I added about 2 cups cooked shredded chicken in with noodle-alfredo mixture. I also did not have fresh parsley so I used dried and added alittle pepper and instead of refrigerator sauce I used one jar of sauce that you get in the spaghetti aisle. It was a hit!"