Baked Ziti with Cheese
This pasta dish, made with Alfredo sauce, is deliciously different from typical tomato-based recipes. Extra cheesy, it goes together quickly and is always popular at potlucks. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 cartons (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain and return to the
- pan. Stir in Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Spoon half into a lightly
- greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan
- cheese, Romano cheese and parsley; spread over pasta. Top with
- remaining pasta mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1.333 cups equals 667 calories, 39 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 1,037 mg sodium,