This pasta dish, made with Alfredo sauce, is deliciously different from typical tomato-based recipes. Extra cheesy, it goes together quickly and is always popular at potlucks. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 cartons (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Stir in Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Spoon half into a lightly greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese and parsley; spread over pasta. Top with remaining pasta mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Baked Ziti in Country Woman February/March 2008, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Ziti with Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review