Baked Ziti Main Dish
This delicious pasta dish reminds me of a cross between spaghetti and cheese pizza. I appreciate this quick-to-make meal on busy weeknights.—Christopher Gordon, Springfield, Missouri
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces ziti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add
- the tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for
- 20 minutes. Place ziti in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with both
- cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.