Baked Ziti Casserole
With its rich Italian flavor and generous combination of cheeses, it's hard to believe this pasta entree is light. Paula Zsiray of Logan, Utah shared the recipe for her simple six-ingredient specialty. It's sure to become a favorite with your family.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta and 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Top with a third of the pasta, half of the
- ricotta mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon Parmesan
- cheese and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers of pasta, ricotta mixture and
- mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Top
- with remaining pasta, sauce mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 284 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,