- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with a third of the pasta, half of the ricotta mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers of pasta, ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining pasta, sauce mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Baked Ziti Casserole
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe exactly, but my family didn't like it at all. I wound up throwing it out."
"So easy and good too. After I read some reviews that said it was a little dry I used a 12 oz box of pasta instead of the 16 oz so the sauce would go farther. I also added an 8 oz can of tomato sauce to make a little more sauce. Since I made less pasta I used an 8 x 11 pan, it was just the right size. I think this would make six generous servings using the 12 oz pasta, maybe would serve a couple more."
"Delicious and a double recipe makes two 13x9s pans full - great for a crowd!"
"We enjoyed the recipe, but would probably add more cheese amongst the layers for next time. We like when it sticks together. I agree with the comment that the high quality sauces make a difference too."
"my husband and son liked this. Next time I make it I will double the sauce, it seemed dry to me."