- 3 cups uncooked ziti or other small tube pasta
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; place in a large bowl. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Pour over pasta; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese, parsley, and remaining Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the pasta mixture into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Add sausage to the remaining pasta mixture; spoon over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Ziti and Sausage
Sort By :
"This was easy enough and was good. My kids weren't fond of it but the hubby loved it!"
"we didn't care for this so wont make again"
"Everyone loved this will definitely keep this one around great flavor easy to throw together!"
"When I made the white sauce I added some Hollandaise sauce leftover from breakfast and it was magnificent."
"I have a large family so its easy to make and it feeds everyone.I love it."