- of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet (longer than the length of the
- fish). Grease foil. Place salmon on foil; sprinkle the cavity with
- salt. Pour herb sauce over fish. Fold foil over fish and seal
- Bake at 375° for 60-75 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- Place salmon on a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking
- juices, reserving 1/3 cup. In a large saucepan, saute green onions
- in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir
- in the water, wine and reserved cooking juices. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks; return
- all to the pan, stirring constantly. Add the cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160°. Serve with the salmon.
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 pound) equals 741 calories, 46 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 66 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.